Thursday 2 June 2011

Wow its windy

But it wasn't when I took the boat out on Thursday.......nor was it forecast to be as strong. Went back to where I had cut out my new swim and found, probably 20 yds below, an area where I could actually sit on hard ground out of the water. 30 minutes with the secateurs and hey-ho swim No.2 was done. I catapulted a couple of pouches of corn out and literally within 10 minutes had caught a 20lbs 8ozs fish. Fish came thick and fast but the wind intensified so much that I had to stop fishing after 4 hours and get the boat to somewhere sheltered. I had caught 16 fish including 3 - 20s best going 24lbs in only 5 hours........not a bad mornings fishing. then spent 3 hours sat in the reeds waiting for the wind to subside so I could safely get back to the marina. Colin a guest with the Canadian Carp Club was having a red letter days fishing to remember, he only came out from the UK on Thursday and by the time he packed up he had caught 81 fish including 3 - 30s and a 25lb mirror, all on the polaris ( a new record for the CCC) I sat with him for the last hour, there must have been thousands of fish in front of him as the rod was never still.

2 comments:

  1. Fair play to Colin, a cracking days fishing and a nice way to get back into the groove.
    Nice to see that the new swims are producing after the work you have done to make them fishable.

    Regards

    Wazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave. the 2nd swim is better, I hope to fish it tomorrow so will take some pictures

    ReplyDelete