Tuesday 31 May 2011

Back out on the water

Yesterday was the first time out since Thursday due to my illness, the weather has now turned very warm and has reached 94 degrees as I sit here. Fished my swim at the top of the bay again and managed 10 but nothing of any size as the best was 17.5lbs, I cannot begin to explain how many fish were in the swim but we are talking hundreds if not thousands and it is highly likely that this weather will induce their spawning. The good thing is that due to the sheer volume of fish, they do not all spawn at the same time and it is quite possible that whilst fish are spawning in one bay, they are happily feeding in another. When I left in the boat I could hear them bumping on the bottom of the hull due the sheer numbers of fish.
Tomorrow I will be back out as wind is forecast so we could have a better day.......fingers crossed.

Now where did I leave that lawnmower.

2 comments:

  1. The change in temperature from the 8 degrees, without taking into account that bitter wind on our first few days a couple of weeks ago until now is unbelievable!!
    The next few weeks prior to and after spawning should be hectic, make the most of it.

    Regards

    Wazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave

    Waders no longer required, the water is as warm as bathwater, loads of fish just got to find the biggies, hopefully at my new swim

    ReplyDelete