Friday 27 May 2011

Mirror, Mirror.......................

Took the boat out for the first time yesterday (Thursday), having scooted around for a while with the fish-finder on I settled on a previously unfished spot right on the end of a large bay, stood up in 4ft of water I rowed the boat out, put a marker in and dumped some corn, within 10 minutes I was getting movement on the line signifying there were plenty of fish around, though I knew that from the number of carp crashing out around me. It wasn't long before I netted the first fish and with regular spodding between 12 noon and 5.30pm I had landed 12 fish and lost 7, best 20lbs-8ozs and took fish both far out on the lead and close in on the polaris float. I also had my first Mirror which are far scarcer than the commons and followed it up later with another, needless to say I went home a happy camper (its not easy taking photos in the water with the self timer)
There were some very big fish showing themselves and I was looking forward to returning back today but the rain is banging down, it's windy and I am not well at the moment so hopefully will be out tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time Dave, enjoy.
    Its pissing it down here too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual to catch a miror let alone two in a day!!

    Regards

    Wazzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony

    I love it out here, sorry about the weather back home, maybe I can send some of this warm sunshine over. Give my regards to the lads.

    Hi Wazzy that's what I thought, the first one was bigger than the 2nd one, but after taking the photo I forgot to weigh it.....hope stu has got over his spodding addiction.

    ReplyDelete