Wednesday 22 May 2013

Sunday/Monday

Sunday saw an early start and I was down at the marina for 5.30am, in my swim for 6a.m. and fishing around 6:45. I had decided that if it fished well then I would bivvy up for the night and by the end of the day having had 16 fish to 20 lbs 6oz, up went the bivvy, on went the cooker and shortly afterwards I was sitting down to chicken curry. I had an early night and set the alarm for 5am, the weather on Monday was perfect with a west wind blowing in and it wasn't long before I had
my first fish. However it was a slow day by this swims standards and by the end of the day I had managed 12 fish but with a best of 29 lbs 12 oz, during the day I saw some absolute monsters out in the bay and may have to change tactics to see if I can get a better stamp of fish. I seem to be catching males on the whole and the females seem very scarce, however they are there because they keep showing themselves so all I can do is persevere and wait for them to get their heads down. It looks like bad weather for the next couple of days so the next session may be on Thursday.















No comments:

Post a Comment