Tuesday 18 October 2011

What a bummer....................then

Took my time getting ready this morning, spoke to my son Joe on skype and had a long chat with an old friend known to most who follow this blog.....Cahal Daly who now lives in Australia before setting off for Long Sault. Called in at the motel to see Colin as he was returning home today then set off to the swim I fished last night. Would you believe it, one other bloody carper on the whole of the parkway and he is in the swim I was going to fish. All plans out of the window I jumped from one place to another but couldn't get settled. Finally I decided to fish the first bridge and as the wind was howling into the 'back door' I would at least be sheltered. Just got all the gear in place when it started to rain and rain and rain, the wind changed direction and whistled through the bridge and I had all on the keep the brolly in place. After about an hour the rod hooped over and I was into a fish, it fought hard in the current and when finally in the net looked like a good fish. It took the scales to 22-4.....result. Nearly a hour later I was in again, this time a 21-8 was on board, by this time the wind was so bad I had no option but to pack up but wasn't that bothered as the session had turned out good in the end. I might be on the bank tomorrow depending on the weather..............I am on holiday after all LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment