Tuesday 24 May 2011

It's not all about catching........but it helps


Well today the lads have returned home after what can only been described as one of the worst May weeks for bloody ages. Cold east winds with rain, rain and more rain together with cold water temperatures have all managed to hamper catching, but they did get a few 20's in the harsh conditions along with some smaller ones. I will post more on the catch when Wazzy gives me the info.
Despite the fishing we managed to have a good time, Wazzy revealed his latest purchase which I must say did actually work, Grumpies sold more Chicken Wings in the week than in the whole of last season and on wednesday Marion and Jeff gave us a superb barbeque, thanks lads for letting me stay over for those two nights.
Last night we had a few beers and games of pool at my house before Wazzy slipped out in the early hours of this morning to bag 14 carp to 26lbs to finish off the holiday.
The company was great, shame about the fishing, I will miss you boys and we will have to do it again some time............next year maybe.

1 comment:

  1. We had a good time as usual despite the hard fishing and the Carp not really playing ball, every fish was hard earned!!

    The Spomb worked really well even though I had to endure a lot of piss taking when it was unveiled, Dave you will be scanning e-bay I'm sure for a cheaper imitation or cobbling something together yourself, just take mine as it's in the bag in your garage.
    Not sure how I would have explained the joke bomb shape in my luggage if stopped by customs.

    For anyone thinking of giving Canada a go I can certainly recommend flying into Ottawa rather than the chaos that is Montreal airport.

    Docker is off to see a psychiatrist to cure his spod rod addiction!!

    Cheers for the hospitality Dave and the games of pool even though you and Docker got well beat by myself and Bradi.

    Keep us informed of how it's going.

    Best Regards

    Wazzy

    ReplyDelete