Monday 4 October 2010

Rain and rain and rain and...........................

Friday morning 9am and I'm heading to Wazzys' house en-route to the BFW fish-in organised by Chris Pearson and being held at Fiskerton on the River Trent. We had a great time despite the crappy weather. Chris did a sterling job in organising the event which raised £600 for Sue Ryder Care, the cheque being collected by the Barnsley AC president.
On the fishing front, I caught 2 eels, Wazzy caught 3 (edited) Barbel (clever git) and we sampled the beer at the local pub which was so nice on Friday that we were forced to go back for more on Saturday. Hobby made an appearance and offered loads of advice and gave us a lift to the pub, Steve (Richardson) joined us for a beer on Saturday, it was great to meet up with him again and he fished into dark with me. However the river was rising rapidly and with tons of weed coming down fishing was becoming near impossible, so to all those who suceeded I salute you.....well done.
Packing up on Sunday morning was horrendous in the rain and my thanks go to wazzy for his help.
That could be it for me now on the fishing front until I go back to Canada on the 21st, I am looking to doing a couple of night sessions this time, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Reading that, I really would love to have been there. It’s been too long, you and the team. Soon aye ?

    ReplyDelete