Tuesday 16 March 2010

One last cast

Out on the Derbyshire Derwent on the last day of the season with my son Joe and good mates Steve, Ian and Tony. A bacon sandwich in the local café preceded the short trip to a beautiful stretch of the river, having not fished in the UK much this season I was looking forward to a day of trotting for the grayling.
Boy was I rusty as it soon became apparent that any fish to grace my net would either be very young, stupid or down right greedy, the former emerged as I managed a couple of very juvenile grayling which were safely returned to the river. Joe however managed a nice trout and his first grayling plus a bonus tree which he somehow managed to hook numerous times and caused Steve and myself ½ hr of grief trying to safely release it.
The other boys fared much better having caught plenty and at the death I managed a nice rainbow on Steves’ rod before having to leave them mid afternoon to visit my mother in Barnsley.
All in all a lovely day spent with mates in beautiful surroundings made me realise that I must make an effort this coming season to fish more whilst I am over here

No comments:

Post a Comment